- Building a Strong Foundation: Mentoring Programs for Novice Tenure Track Librarians in Academic Libraries.” College & Research Libraries. November 2015, (Vol. 76, No. 6) (By Andrew Walsh and Mandi Goodsett)
- Beyond “Good” and “Bad”: Google As a Crucial Component of Information Literacy. In The Complete Guide to Using Google in Libraries. Rowman & Littlefield, March 2015.
- Using Website Analytics Tools in the Development of a Humanities Library Web Portal. In Web Analytic Strategies for Information Professionals: a LITA Guide. Neal Schuman. 2013. (By Andrew Walsh, Harriett Green and Jordan Ruud)
- Learning Spanish Today: A Research Guide. Reference and User Services Quarterly. September 2011, (Vol. 51, No. 1) (By Andrew Walsh and Neal Wyatt)
- Savvy for the Social Web: The New Skills You Need to Survive and Thrive in the Digital Age. Social Web Enterprises. 2012.
- Enjoying Life: A Conversation with John Pfitsch. The Grinnell Magazine. Spring 2010 (Vol. 42 Number 3) (Cover Story)
- Get on the Rope: A New Way to Teach The Flat-Back-Four Defense. Coach and Athletic Director. May/June 2010 (Vol. 79, No. 9) (By Andrew Walsh, Brian Jaworski and Parker Koester)
- Physical and Spiritual Lessons. The Grinnell Magazine. Summer 2010 (Vol. 42 No. 4)
- “L’-evating” the Discourse on Public Transportation. The Grinnell Magazine. Summer 2010 (Vol. 42 No. 4)
Please contact me if you would like to see a copy of any of the print publications.
Web Content Articles and Blog Writing
I publish articles on my own websites and have also been a guest writer for many popular blogs on technology, business, web search and related topics.
- How to Build Authority, Traffic, and Revenue By Going Beyond the Blog, BlogEngage.com
- 3 Common Mistakes Using the Google Keyword Tool and How to Fix Them, TechnShare.com
- 10 Effective Ways to Increase Your Stumbleupon Traffic, BloggingJunction.com
- Can I Trust Wikipedia?
- What’s the Business Model of MOOCs Such as Coursera?
- Concerns Over Google’s Search Plus Your World and the Loss of Objective Search
- How to Be a Good Monotasker: Rejecting the Pull of Multitasking
- Standalone GPS vs. Google Maps on Smartphone: Which to Use?
- Dropbox: A Social Web Business Case Study
If you’re interested in seeing more writing samples of this nature, please contact me.
Feature Articles, Grinnell College Communications Office
In this position I researched and wrote articles about diverse subjects and tailored them to a general audience. In addition to my work for The Grinnell Magazine, my writing appeared on the front page of the college website and in various local publications.
- Inside the “Death Panels”
- Grinnellian Explores Climate Change on World Stage
- A World Tour in One Room
- When Your History Class Takes You to the Opera
- New Library Represents Strong Union Between College, Community
Opinion Columns: Scarlet and Black Newspaper, 2009
I wrote a popular satirical opinion column for my campus newspaper.
9/10/09 (First Column)
Marketing and Editorial Intern, Wisconsin Historical Society Press, Summer 2012
Editorial Assistant, Barbara J. Walsh Freelance, seasonal 2004-2010